Tips: Make sure you purchase your tickets ahead of time. To manage the crowds, you purchase a specific time slot where you will be allowed into the park. You can purchase these tickets up to 3 months in advance of your visit.
Hours: Vary depending on the time of year.
Hours: Monday - Saturday: 8:30am - 7:30pm
Sunday: 9am - 6pm
Can be visited at any time of day
Hours: Summer Opening Hours: April – September 10:00 – 17:30 (last admission)
Winter Opening Hours: October – March 09:30 – 17:00 (last admission)
Hours: Niagara Falls State Park is open year round, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Palacio Real de Madrid
The Changing of the Guard is held on Wednesdays and Saturdays (except July, August, and September) from 11am to 2pm
On the first Wednesday of each month (except January, August, and September) is the Solemn Changing of the Guard which occurs at noon and last for 50 minutes.
- Winter hours (October to March). All days: 10:00 - 18:00.
- Summer hours (April to September). All days: 10:00 - 20:00.
- Box office and admission to the Palace close one hour earlier.
November to February,
9 am to 6 pm
9 am to 7 pm
April to September,
9 am to 8 pm
9 am to 7 pm
December 25, 26, January 1 and 6,
9 am to 2 pm
Sale of tickets finishes 30 minutes before closing time.
Tips: Consider booking a private guided tour. This will allow you to skip the lines and, in my experience, was a much more enjoyable way to learn about the history of the Colosseum.
Monet's Garden's are a short day trip from Paris. If you're going to visit, be sure to go in the spring or early summer when many of the flowers are blooming. Bus trips are available but I recommend taking the train to the Vernon-Giverny station (about 45 minute ride on the faster trains). From there, you can take a taxi or rent some bikes to get to the gardens. It's an easy bike ride on a flat path. The distance from Vernon to Giverny is about 3 miles (5km).
- Bike rentals are available next to the train station when you arrive in Vernon
- Train travel times can vary. Make sure you select one with fewer stops to minimize your travel time.
Betsy Ross House
Hours: Times change based on the season. Check the web site for the current hours.
Carpenter's Historic Hall
Closed on Mondays
Closed on Tuesdays in January and February
Open to the public from 10am to 4pm (Free Access)
B. Free Franklin Post Office
Hours: Mon-Sat 9:00am - 5:00pm
Old North Bridge
Hours: The grounds of Minute Man National Historical Park are open sunrise to sunset. Parking lot gates close promptly at sunset.
Palace of Versailles
- There can be long lines for tickets in the morning. if the lines are long, consider walk the gardens and park first and come back for tickets to view the inside of the Palace later. The grounds behind the palace are amazing and can easily take a half day or more to visit.
- There is a restaurant in the park next to the canal. This is a nice place to sit and take in the beautiful surroundings.
- Row boats can be rented on the canal and can be a fun activity to do with the family
Open every day except on Mondays and 1 May
Opening times: 9.00 am – 6.30 pm
Last admission: 6.00 pm
Ticket office closes at 5.50 pm
Open every day from 7.00 am to 8.30 pm
save exceptional weather (snow, violent winds...)
Sunday 8:45 AM - 8:30 PM
Monday 8:45 AM - 8:30 PM
Tuesday 8:45 AM - 6:15 PM
Wednesday 8:45 AM - 6:15 PM
Thursday 8:45 AM - 8:30 PM
Friday 8:45 AM - 8:30 PM
Saturday 8:45 AM - 8:30 PM
Walnut Canyon National Monument
Learn about the Sinagua people who called Walnut Canyon home for 800 years ago. There is a museum onsite but the highlight of the visit is the loop trail that takes you down into the canyon. Once in the canyon, you'll get up close with the dwellings built into the canyon to shelter the community from the weather. The loop is a mile long and it does require climbing many sets of stairs. If stairs aren't your thing, you can still view the canyon and some of the dwellings from the top but you'll be missing out on what makes this park fun to visit.
Tips: I'd recommend visiting the canyon if you have kids that don't mind climbing a lot of stairs. The path in is easy as you're climbing down several flights of stairs but once you complete the loop, you'll need to climb back up and that could be tough for smaller kids. My kids were 9 and 12 when we visited and they handled it fine. My daughter even challenged me to a race back up. We were pretty tired once we reached the top, and yes, she won.
Juliette Gordon Low House
Hours: Open Monday through Saturday 10am to 5pm. Closed on Sundays.
Temple Mickve Israel
Hours: Tours run from 10am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Arc de Triomphe
The Arc de Triomphe provides great views of the Eiffel Tower, the Champs-Élysées, and the surrounding city. It is worth seeing Paris from this vantage point. There is a small museum located near the top where you can take a quick break from your climb. Once rested, head to one more set of stairs to get outside to see a 360 degree view of the city. There is a nice photo opportunity here where you can get a picture with Eiffel Tower in the background. Don't forget to explore the outside of the arch when you're back down at ground level. The detail in the construction is amazing. The tomb of the unknown soldier is also located under the arch.
- Be prepared to climb many stairs to get to the top. A lift is available for those who need it.
- Make sure you use the pedestrian tunnels. Do not try to cross the roundabout. Many people do which is very dangerous. Instead, use one of the tunnels located on the Champs Élysées and the Avenue de la Grande Armée. You will find a stairway down to the tunnel from each of these streets.
- Tickets can be purchased inside the tunnel.
Hours: Open 10am to 11pm
On April 15, 2019, Notre Dame was severely damaged by a fire. You will not be able to visit the inside of the cathedral.
We hope that one day the Notre Dame will be open once again and that it can return to its former glory.
Old North Church
November 16 - March 31: 10am - 4pm
April 1 - November 15: 9am - 6pm
The Paul Revere House
April 15 – October 31: 9:30 am to 5:15 pm
November 1 – April 14: 9:30 am to 4:15 pm
Plymouth Rock is situated along the water in Plymouth. This is a nice area for a walk on a sunny day. There are some shops and restaurants to visit nearby. Plymouth Rock itself is not worth your time but If you're in the area then make a stop.
Plymouth Rock is just a large rock protected under a roof. The rock itself isn't very interesting but it can be fun to see where some of the English Pilgrims first landed in America.
Tips: Visiting Plymouth Rock will only take a few minutes. Before visiting, considere including other nearby attractions such as Plimoth Plantation and the Mayflower II.
Hours: 24 hours a day
The Boston Tea Party
First Tour: 10am, Last Tour: 5pm
Off Season: First Tour: 10am, Last Tour: 4pm
The Eiffel Tower is one of the most well known landmarks in the world. Any stop to Paris should start here. Your kids will love seeing the tower up close and the view from the top is fantastic. There is a height limit on buildings in the city. The tower is over 1000 feet tall but the surrounding buildings are limited to 121 feet. This gives you the feeling of being on top of the world as the city spreads out all around you.
- Book your tickets in advance if you plan or need to take the elevator. This will save you a lot of extra time, as lines to buy tickets can be very long.
- If you're kids are older and more adventurous then consider taking the stairs. There is usually no wait and you get a unique perspective of the tower. If you don't want to walk all the way to the top, you can buy tickets for the elevator when you get to the second deck.
- Consider making two trips to the Eiffel Tower if you have time. Once during daylight hours and another in the evening to see why Paris is often referred to as the "City of Lights".
Hours: Open from 10am to midnight, 7 days a week.
- Plan ahead. If you want to tour the White House you must submit a request through a Member of Congress. This should be done no later than 3 weeks from your tour date.
- There is limited space so start early. You can submit your request up to 3 months in advance.
Self-guided tours are available from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays (excluding federal holidays or unless otherwise noted)
Old State House
Open year round, 7 days a week from 9 am to 5 pm
Check the web site for holiday closures